Learn a little about Katelynn

I'm a sinner just trying to be His light! I love Jesus & I'm addicted to grace! Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
xoxoxox Katelynn

Thursday, August 22, 2013

"Daddy I want to be an ANGEL!"

         
        As a little girl I was raised in a Christian home. I knew nothing different than going to church on Sunday mornings, while eating my cheerios in the back seat.  I was surrounded by an amazing Christian family and parents who supplied me with unconditional love. My parents taught me right from wrong, even if it required punishment. I knew nothing different than sitting in mommy and daddies room at night, reading a bible story and saying our family prayers before bed.  
            I had heard my fair share of bible stories, many which of contained angels. I was a little girl who asked a BUNCH of questions, always curious about everything. 
            At age 7, I knew my job on earth was to spread Gods word. 
One day while talking to my dad I said, “Daddy I want to live my life sooo good that when I get to heaven God will want to send me back as an angel!” 
My dad smiled at the cuteness of his little girl, but he knew what he was about to tell me would break my heart. 
He said, “Awh that’s so sweet, but honey God only creates angels to be angels. And God creates humans to be humans.” 
I got really sad and said, “Am I not good enough to be an angel?” 
My dad could see how upset I was and he said, “You can still do many great things as a human, God has a purpose for you. You can even share Gods word and that will make Him very happy. When you get to heaven he will welcome you with open arms!” 
My dad then gave me a big hug.
            My point in telling you that story is, all of us, whether we admit it or not, want someone to give us a high five and tell us job well done! I wanted God to give me a thumbs up when I arrived in heaven. Dig deep and pull out that FIRE you have for the Lord. Do whatever it is that the Lord is calling you to do. Be a faithful servant each and every day, besides you never know if you’ll have an encounter with an angel. J

Xoxoxoxoxoxo

Katelynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment