Learn a little about Katelynn

I'm a sinner just trying to be His light! I love Jesus & I'm addicted to grace! Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
xoxoxox Katelynn

Monday, February 25, 2013

Comforting Words!

“The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust my name when they call on me, I will answer: I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”
 Psalm 91:14-16

Now if you didn’t read that carefully and absorb every word give it another read……Every word in these verses matter. I don’t know about you but for me, these lines are sooooo comforting. It starts off stating that the Lord is talking, not that anyone else speaking isn’t important but the Lord, King of Kings, The Almighty, The Beginning and the End, Lord of Lords, Creator and many more, you get the point. Our Father is speaking and he’s talking right to us! So listen closely to what he’s telling us.

“…I will rescue those who love me.”

That sounds pretty simple right? Love Him, Okay you can do that, right? Love God like you love your mom and dad, just love Him. That seems easy huh? You love your parents because they have raised you, provided for you and they love you so of course you’re going to love them back. So love God the same way, it’s simple but not that simple. You have known your parents all your life! You know their names, favorite colors, where they work and even their phone numbers. So it makes sense that in order to love God you have to know things about him. In his word he tells us to “Love the Lord with all your heart with all your soul and with your entire mind.” Matthew 22:37 In order to love him with all your heart, soul and mind you have to be filled with his knowledge. He tells us when we love Him he will rescue us, He will be our Prince Charming like the one in Sleeping Beauty.

“…I will protect those who trust my name when they call on me, I will answer: I will be with them in trouble.”

God promises to protect us. Females tend to like the idea of being protected. Let’s just be honest…sometimes we want to pursue a guy because we like the idea of being “protected,” and that okay but there’s more. He tells us that he will protect those who trust in his name, which means trusting God in the good AND the bad! When we turn to God in prayer and talk to him he is always there and promises to be with us in times of trouble. But we have to be willing to communicate in these times. We can’t shut him out or blame him for the hurt, because he never promised it would be easy, but he did promise that he’d always be there to help us through.

“…I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”

This last line is…well AWESOME! He tells us that he will reward us with eternal life in heaven and give us his salvation. That’s pretty legit if you ask me! Haha. Sometime we tend to lose sight on the big picture, the big idea that we are on this earth for one reason and one reason only…to glorify him in all we do. When you are doing the right thing and you know it what God wants yet the world surrounding you is telling you the opposite we tend to second guess our actions and decisions. But God tells us and reminds us that he WILL REWARD THOSE WHO LOVE AND TRUST IN HIS NAME. Keep your eyes fixed on the big picture the Lord has for you and your life.

Xoxoxoxox
Katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment